Thursday, September 8, 2011

Keeping Track of your Eye Drops after Surgery

All right, time for a practical little tip!    After nine surgeries, I have finally found the best way to keep track of my daily post surgery eye drops!  

As you have probably experienced, for the first few weeks after surgery, you often need to take "6 drops per day of this med for 2 weeks, 4 drops per day of that drop for 1 week, then drop down to 3 and 2 respectively, etc., etc., etc. "    I don't feel like I have ever "messed up" but I must admit sometimes I temporarily forget which med I have just taken.  

Here are two tips to try...
1) Simply grab a notebook, write down the name of each drop you must take, keep the notebook next to the eye drop bottles and EVERY time you take a drop, mark down the time & the number of that particular drop of the day. 
or
2) Take one sticky note per maximum number of drops you take that day.   Mark each with a number of 1 thru that maximum number.   Each time you take a drop, move that bottle to the sticky note that represents that number of drops you have taken for that med.   A great visual of what you have done and what you have left to do!

It's just a little silly but it has worked for me this past week.   A girl has to have a little fun!   Here's hoping we're all back to one or two drops a day soon!   



No comments:

Post a Comment