Friday, September 16, 2011

Choosing Your Response

LIFE IS DIFFICULT.   Many years ago I started reading a book called The Road Less Traveled by Scott Peck.   I don’t remember if I finished it … or even if I agreed with many of the topics written by the author.  But I do remember the first sentence of that book  - "Life is difficult".   It has always stuck with me.  
                                                    
Yes, life is difficult.   It sometimes doesn’t hold the dreams we have for ourselves and sometimes things don’t turn out the way we had hoped.  Sometimes we don’t like the disease we have been dealt and sometimes we want  to wallow in self-pity with whatever our life circumstance may be. 

But guess what?   You can CHOOSE YOUR RESPONSE to any situation!     I read this too many years ago in the book The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey.    “Choose your Response” has always stuck with me too.      

There is a blogger I have followed for a while that  has consistently permeated CHOOSE JOY in her life – although she suffered greatly with a debilitating disease ... and now is on her journey home.  God bless you Gitz...and thank you... "Choose Joy" will also always stick with me.  

It has been two weeks since my surgery…and the results are slow and not quite what I had hoped for at this point.    It is difficult but I can choose my response and I CHOOSE JOY!    There is so much to be thankful for….hope, a supportive family, a wonderful doctor, perhaps the one or more lives I just may touch because of this ICE disease.   So in honor of Gitz, regardless of your circumstance, CHOOSE JOY!  

No comments:

Post a Comment