Thursday, August 25, 2011

ICE Eyes

In my post "The Journey Begins",  I mentioned I cried when I saw photos of ICE eyes the day I was diagnosed.     Why did I cry?    If you google ICE Syndrome, you'll likely see some photos of ICE eyes....and frankly they can be a little frightening...primarily due to the distortion of the pupil caused by this disease.  

After ten years, my pupil is distorted....it sits above center and stretches to the top of my iris.    Honestly, who cares what it looks like?     Kind of ridiculous when you think about it!   :)  Yes, I feel the effects of it....my pupil doesn't adjust to light making me extremely light sensitive.   But hey, at this point, I'm thankful its only one pupil and its stretched up under my eyelid.  I just keep my right eye closed when I'm in bright light and I LOVE to wear sunglasses!   :)  

After all the surgeries & grafts, my eye doesn't look normal.   But it's me and I have accepted it.   It makes me unique!   Yes, all of this can be a pain and inconvenience for sure - but what is life without a few valleys among the mountains? 







No comments:

Post a Comment