Wednesday, September 19, 2012

An Update, Worry and Corrie Ten Boom

Just an update friends.....

Life continues to be hectic in many ways.    It's a good thing I'm older and have a few life experiences behind me as I don't think I could handle it all if I were younger!   (Guess that's a benefit of nearing that mid-century mark!)   I have been able to reschedule my visual field exam and eye appointment until late next week - in hopes things will be a bit calmer by then.    Stress is never good for glaucoma and ICE - or general health for that matter - but I do think that my eye has been able to handle the chaos pretty well.   I'll find out next week. 

In the meantime, another great quote popped up in my inbox the other day.... 

Source

   
 Love it!  and Oh so true! 

If you're not familiar with the quoter - Corrie Ten Boom - web search her name and you'll learn of the amazing person she was - what she endured, how she got through it, and how she allowed the experience to change her life and the lives of others.   I remember her in the 1970's and the movie about her experience ... "The Hiding Place".   What a wonderful lady and an eye-opening movie.   Given her circumstances, she knew that there was a plan for her to make a difference in the world and that is exactly what she set out to do.   She CHOSE her response to what had been dealt to her.  

May we all have the strength to know there is a plan for us and to respond to our circumstances in a way that will make a difference in others' lives. 

May your day be filled with PEACE and JOY!  
 LIVE YOUR DAY TODAY MY FRIENDS! 


1 comment:

  1. Love that quote. My husband and I were just talking about the uselessness of worry - now if only we can remember that every day!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete