Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Quick Surgery Update

I am thankful that February is nearing its end.   It won't be long before we start seeing some crocus flowers start popping up and exclaiming SPRING!  CANNOT WAIT!  Around here, January and February are usually unbearably cold and snowy and icy.   But like much of the country, Kansas City has been blessed with a warmer winter and little icy precipitation.   In fact, about the only snowfall we have had was on the day of my surgery - and it amounted to only about 1 1/2" inches and it didn't last long.   If it has to snow, that's my kind of snow!

It has been over a week since that snowfall and my surgery.   I had my one week follow up appointment this past Monday.   Bottom line, the pressure is still high.    According to my doctor, there is no major concern at this time.   I guess it's somewhat normal for the pressure to dip - like mine did the day after surgery - and then go back up until it starts to stabilize and lower after a couple of weeks.   But the pressure is higher than what is wanted at this stage - so I'm adding a "new" drop to assist in lowering the pressure.   Hope it works.   We find out in two weeks.     

As far as eye comfort, it has improved greatly in the past day.   A lot less soreness.  The red still exists, but fading away.  All of which I am thankful.  

A clearer cornea - meaning clearer vision - requires time and patience.   The pressure needs to lower first and then the cornea will get its chance to adjust itself.   I could read the first two lines of the eye chart on Monday so I can see.   It is fine and it will be okay.  My left eye is in good shape and seeing great - it's getting quite the workout.   Thank you above for the gift of sight in that healthy eye!  

I did spend a little time talking with my doctor about what was done in this surgery.  I found it very interesting and I will pass this on in a post in the near future.

It's nice to be a week out of surgery and starting to feel "normal" again.   My little family has had a series of nasty little cold / flu-like viruses over the past 3 or 4 weeks and they are basically back on the mend.    No planned surgeries, no coughing, sneezing, fevers, runny noses around the house?   Wow - it's feeling good around here!    

Keep smiling and LIVE your day TODAY!   



No comments:

Post a Comment