Friday, February 17, 2012

ICE - Glaucoma Tube Shunt Reposition Surgery



My surgery was Monday. Specifically, this surgery was considered a tube reposition surgery. Since I have three tubes shunts already in my eye and the pressure was no longer being controlled by the tubes in their current condition - nor by medication - for some reason, the tube located in my upper right eye was chosen to be repositioned. It was chosen to not just lower the pressure, but to also somehow stay away from my cornea graft.

The surgery itself was easy. More details on that in a future post. Recovery from an invasive eye surgery is never easy. Lots of soreness and other things - things I'm used to and things that just require some patience and time. I see the doctor on Monday to see how I'm doing. I'm hoping and praying for some good news.

As I learn more on exactly what was done, I'll take good notes and make sure to pass them on in hopes of helping others down the road.

Have a good day today! Live it!

1 comment:

  1. hi this is joe i have ice chandlers to I've been following what are going through I'm in the early stages hope all goes well with your most recent surgery i am very scared to as i drive a bus in nyc and i don't know eventually what will happen with my eye but i just pray thanks

    ReplyDelete