Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Game of Cards - Game of Life


In my last post, I mentioned I ventured to have a garage sale despite having surgery a week earlier.   In my down time as I waited for customers, I grabbed a book off my bookshelf entitled "The Old Farmer's Almanac Sampler".   It consists of quotes and advice that was published in the annual periodical throughout the years.    Appreciating the wisdom and courage of the generations before us, I really enjoyed perusing through this book. 

I was drawn to one particular quote that I felt was so appropriate as we all deal with life's little struggles and ailments.   It is from 1907 and is attributed to Josh Billings:

"As in a game of cards, so in the game of life we must play what is dealt to us; and the glory consists, not so much in winning, as in playing a poor hand well."  



Ahhhh, there is that attitude thing again.   The triumph is all in how we CHOOSE TO RESPOND to whatever life give us!    This has been a lesson of the ages - but one that we must be reminded of often.  

LIVE TODAY!  CHOOSE JOY!  ALL IS WELL!

No comments:

Post a Comment